Tuesday, May 23, 2017

May 7, 2017

Yesterday Lanhao and two other recent converts received the Melchizedek Priesthood. I felt so happy and inspired to see how much Lanhao has progressed since we first met him. I still vividly remember the first day Elder Ruppe and I found him on the street. He's come so far...He bears his testimony of how he's received answers to his personal prayers every fast Sunday in sacrament meeting and he's always the first to answer questions in Gospel Principles and Elders Quorum. 
I look back on my entire mission and I realize Heavenly Father saved the best experiences for last. A reward always comes after the trial of my faith. 
We had 6 investigators at sacrament meeting yesterday which is an all-time high on my mission so far. We fasted this past week to be able to bring investigators to sacrament meeting, and it worked. We are preparing several friends for baptism on May 27th
There are now 5 Chinese/Taiwanese missionaries in the City Zone. Pretty soon, us white guys will be taken out of here haha. When I opened my mission call I never would have predicted that I would gain such an appreciation and fondness for the Chinese culture but I'm so glad I have. I'd rather come home with a Chinese accent than an Australian one. 
On Friday we had a 12-hour training, appropriately called "Boot Camp #3", where the assistants, President Parker, Sister Parker, and us zone leaders give trainings the entire day (besides breaks for meals). They gave us flu shots while we were there and of course I ended up getting sick (sorry for the brief email today, I feel pretty out of it), but alas, what can you do? 
Anyway, I will be handwriting a letter for the family which I'll probably scan and send via email like Dad did for me a few weeks ago. Hopefully you can decipher it. 
I love you Mom, and I wouldn't be the same person I am right now without you. I'm excited to see you on Mother's Day :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment