Tuesday, May 23, 2017

March 5, 2017

This past week has been great. Yesterday Lanhao received the Aaronic Priesthood. The City Branch building will officially open on March 19, which is the first day church will be held. We had coordination meeting there the other day (there's no furniture yet, it's still full of open rooms) and went on a tour of the building. We've been meeting with Prospect Ward until the building opens, but yesterday the City Branch members and us missionaries went into another room for Elders Quorum. Jax, a Taiwanese returned missionary, taught the lesson and 100% of the discussion was in Chinese. I could pick out a few words like "prophet", "apostasy", "priesthood", etc., but other than that, I felt like I was attending a church in full-on China. It motivates me to learn Mandarin more quickly. I'll most likely be here in the City teaching Chinese people until the end of my mission (President Parker likes to keep stability in the City Zone).
There are so many things I want to tell you and show you, but it's difficult with the limited communication we have. I hope the kids are doing well. How has Mason been doing in his teenage years? 
I'm glad to see you've been enjoying some cool hikes with Addie; I'm keen to come along when I get home :)
Thank you for the pictures--I'll upload some more today. I've been enjoying my mission more than ever these last 3 months: I've witnessed our recent converts baptize their brothers, recent converts give talks at baptisms less than 2 months after their own, and a Chinese Utah develop before my eyes. Yesterday two more young Chinese men were baptized--after their baptism, we saw a group of 10-12 Chinese recent converts walking out of church together, all baptized within the last 3 months. They looked like a band of Stripling Warriors, converted young men with bright futures ahead of them. We watched them walk away together and said, "Look, there goes the City Branch. We're living in a Chinese Utah." I can't wait to see what these young men do and how they develop over the next 5 months.  
I love you Mom! Thanks for all your love and support, you really are the best. 我爱你 (Or in other words, "I love you" :)

Love,
Elder Koch

No comments:

Post a Comment