Tuesday, May 23, 2017

April 11, 2017

Transfers were this past Monday, and my companion Elder Ruppe, who I had been with for the past 4.5 months, is the new assistant. My new companion is Elder Pickett from Idaho. He's a great missionary--he loves to work hard, and he has a great sense of humor. I feel more stress now than ever before taking over the City Zone because there are so many important things to take care of. Our phone lights up with texts and calls like no tomorrow--you would think we were receptionists in a doctor's office. I have much more empathy for Dad now and I appreciate what he does on another level now that I've experienced a portion of what his life is like. 
On the bright side, we had a baptism of three Chinese people this past weekend. We baptized Sun (pronounced "soon"), another companionship baptized Francis, and another companionship baptized Aaron. Sun went up to bear his testimony after he was baptized and started out a bit nervous (his English is pretty basic), but all the sudden whips out of his pocket a piece of paper with a scripture on it and reads, "But behold, I, Nephi, will show unto you that the tender mercies of the Lord are over all those whom he hath chosen, because of their faith, to make them mighty even unto the power of deliverance." -1 Nephi 1:20 and shares his testimony of how grateful he was that Heavenly Father prepared and "chose" to give him the opportunity meet with the missionaries so he could learn the gospel. Elder Ruppe and I didn't even tell him he would have the chance to bear his testimony at the baptism and we didn't know he was reading the Book of Mormon that intently. We were very impressed. I'll get some photos of him from Elder Ruppe so I can send them to you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment